Infrared Saunas Range
At Sahara Valley we stock a comprehensive range of infrared saunas to suit a range of budgets. Unlike the more traditional steam sauna, an infrared sauna works by emitting infrared light from heaters. The body experiences this infrared light as radiant heat, in much the same way as we experience direct heat from the sun. The infrared heat is absorbed by the surface of the skin and travels around 2-3 inches deep into the body.The sun is our primary source of radiant heat, but not all parts of sunlight are beneficial to us. The infrared heat used in our saunas provides all of the good health benefits of natural sunlight without any of the harmful effects.Your browser security settings don't permit the editor to automatically execute cutting operations.The benefits of infrared saunas are the following:
- Pain relief – Increased circulation allows more oxygen to reach injured parts of the body.
- Weight loss – Heart rate and metabolic rate are increased to the same levels of physical exercise, while perspiration helps rid the body of subcutaneous fats.
- Detoxification – The body eliminates toxins through sweating, a sauna speeds up the process.
- Induced fever – A raised temperature is the body’s natural way of fighting viruses. Artificially inducing a fever can boost the immune system.
- Reduce stress – Heat loosens the muscles and relaxes the body.
- Clears skin – Increased circulation helps remove dirt, chemicals and dead skin cells from the surface of the skin, leading to a clearer complexion.